The Walking School Bus' mission is to empower students in developing countries to access education, thereby breaking down cultural and faith based barriers, creating academic partnerships between both local and international schools and their respective communities, while helping provide sustainable and adequate nutrition for our partnered beneficiaries.
Our Core Principles Aim to
CURRICULUM | We create academic synergies which mutually enhance both local and international communities education and curriculum.
HOLISTIC RESEARCH | We are committed to academia and research that scientifically tests our procedures prior to implementation.
ACCESS | We are committed to ensure that students globally have access to education.
NUTRITION | We are committed to nutrition, a prerequisite for education.
GRASS ROOTS | We are committed to working with leadership in developing countries through grassroots application to ensure that our impact is positive and sustainable.
ELIMINATE BARRIERS | We are committed to supporting cultural and interfaith education which breaks down religious barriers and biases.
What We Do
- Reading program: Strengthens literacy both locally and abroad. Find out more here.
- Experiential learning in our local communities with an aim to positively impact our partnered communities overseas. Find out more about our Experiential Learning model.
- Provide opportunities to travel with purpose, starting with our experience Uganda trip this summer.
- Fundraise for the basic transportation needs many of our partnered communities currently lack on a case by case basis.
- Profits generated from the sales of The Walking School Bus book will go to purchase school buses for our partnered communities.
- Assess the sustainability of The Walking School Bus (TWSB) Model as it impacts our partnered communities through established research programs.
- Implementing Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) to provide self-sufficient school feeding programs to our partnered communities.
- Teaching project based learning (PBL) to our partnered schools near and afar to develop agricultural best practise and improve agricultural knowledge and education.
- Equip students with nutritional knowledge to help eradicate malnutrition which is globally the leading cause of child mortality.